- 1-½ pound Ground Turkey ( Or Chicken)
- 1 package Taco Seasoning (1.25 Oz)
- 1-¼ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 can Fire-roasted Green Chiles (7 Oz.)
- ½ cups Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Chopped Green Onions
- ½ cups Low Fat Sour Cream
- ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 6 Flour Tortillas (burrito Sized / Large)
- ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (to Melt On Top)
- GARNISH: Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cheese, Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Saute poultry until cooked through and starting to brown. Add taco seasoning and stir. Add water and stir. Over med – low heat cook until liquid has reduced 2/3.
Add cumin, oregano, cilantro, chiles, tomatoes and green onions. Simmer until the rest of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
For eating tonight:
Lay tortillas on wax paper and brush both sides with the melted butter. Spoon 1/6 th of filling into center of tortilla and fold like and envelope.
Put tortillas, seam-side down on a non-stick sheet pan. Spaced so they DO NOT touch. Bake 20 -25 minutes at 350 or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to melt. Serve with the garnishes.
Lay tortillas on wax paper. Spoon 1/6 th of filling into center of tortilla and fold like and envelope. Carefully lay tortillas in a single layer inside a Ziploc freezer bag. Freeze flat. Night before eating... thaw overnight, preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with Pam AND spray tops of burritos with Pam... or drizzle with melted butter. Bake until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.